Friday, March 6, 2009

Welcome...

This is Go LEHR Green where we will be exploring ideas and issues that entice, excite and energize all of us fighting for a cleaner planet. In the coming weeks and months, you will have the opportunity to enter a community of individuals who care about something worthwhile and are willing to do whatever they can to make a difference. We are the leaders of a new “green economy” where a subculture of caring will replace our current culture of consumption and we are all looking forward to it. As opposed to the big picture thinking of alternative energy sources, the re working of the grid, solar power, wind turbines, bio diesel engineering and the like, the largest impact will happen person by person, home by home and community by community. Whether the community is on your block and in your neighborhood, or online and worldwide, there is strength in numbers. If the only green thing you do today is carry groceries in a reusable shopping bag, replace an old light bulb with a CFL model, or use a refillable water bottle, multiply that by all of us and change happens. Our planet is not a victim to the stock market, foreign oil, the mortgage crisis or the recession. Our planet is reacting to our actions...all of us. We are the agents of change: one person; one action; one idea at a time. Please join in and welcome to Go LEHR Green!

13 comments:

  1. Hey LEHR - I just wanted to comment and say "Thank you!" I am an avid fan of anything "green" and environmentally friendly. I feel I personally strive to do what I can (within my means) to cherish and preserve the Earth, and I think products like yours and your way of thinking is a clear and simple expression of how small things can make a big difference. Looking forward to more products from LEHR.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My LEHR, my garden...I just have to tell you how happy I am because I used my LEHR yesterday as a rotatiller before planting my vegetable garden. I was told that I could use my existing attachments from my ryobi and it is true, they work. I was able to til the earth and plant my garden without using any gasoline! How beautiful...So far I have been so happy with my LEHR trimmer. I was told about this tool back in October and I had to wait until February to purchase it, and it has been worth every penny of it. Thanks, jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't tried your product yet, but I think it's my next lawn work purchase.

    ReplyDelete
  4. remingtonm@yahoo.com I cannot wait to try your new product . the propane trimmer.it would keep me from mixing fuel and keeping a special gas can just for my lawn trimmer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kudos on the lawn trimmer! Can we expect a propane powered lawn mower soon? I am not impressed with the present battery powered line up that is available.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My first thought after reading about the propane powered weed eater was: Do they have a leaf blower?

    I am a homeowner (male, early 50’s, professional) who has not really performed any of my landscaping for a decade. I use landscaping or grass cutting services to do the regular work. The only powered equipment I have owned during this last decade have been a pressure washer (4 stroke gas) and a leaf blower (corded). I would love to replace the corded leaf blower with a powered one so I could: decide that the garage floor, driveway, front porch and rear patio need blowing off; be done in five minutes.

    I sold off the pressure washer and now, thankfully, I have no reason to store any gasoline in the (attached) garage. Believing that a propane appliance will be safe to store, a propane blower would really suit my needs. I would give away my corded blower and buy a propane version.

    There are probably many, many people who would buy a blower before any other other landscaping equipment, IF, the gasoline issue and the corded issue are removed, as it appears you have dealt with, and if oil checking and maintenance are made EASY. Hint: incorporate a hanging point in the design so that if the tool is hung (from a joist or rafter) from that point, the crankcase is level for oil checking and ready for draining.

    I urge you to develop a variety of blowers from compact for small jobs, to large (with great power – perhaps dual bottle capacity), with something impressive (at finishing the job quickly) in the middle.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just gotta know - what does LEHR mean?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am all aboard the green movement, but I gotta think that using a disposable cylinder is a step in the wrong direction. A refillable tank seems more environmentally conscious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just bought mine and have not used it yet, i will get back to U PaPa Vic

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anything that helps get a better lawn, is a big help. There are always some spots that are near impossible to keep trimmed.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The canisters are 100% recyclable when empty.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So when is a small portable generator going to be available?

    ReplyDelete
  13. The small portable generator is at the forefront of our plans to extend the clean air benefits of our propane technology. There are prototypes in the works and a consumer unit will follow shortly thereafter. Be patient. Propane has been around for nearly 100 years but it is finally the fuel of the future.

    ReplyDelete